Narrow is the way

by Myles Dalton

Matthew 7:14
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

There is another word that I despise greatly and that is we are referred to as too narrow; in other words we are too narrow minded in our views because we hold to the literal truth of the Word of God.

But yet our Lord was very clear to state that the way to life (eternal life) would not be very popular or understood by most people.

Of course if you take the above verse in context:

The Narrow Way...

Matthew 7:13-15
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate,
and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in
thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth
unto life, and few there be that find it.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits...

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Today in church my pastor preached much on the same topic that is; we see this New Emergence church out there lead by these wolves in sheep's clothing preaching a false gospel that we can have all the riches in life here on earth and they sell it to the people with all this New Age psychobabble.

There is not one ounce of truth in any of this modern-day progressive thinking that has infiltrated many of the big well-to-do churches in America, all one needs to do is read these very words of our Lord Jesus spoken to John...

The Lukewarm Church...

Revelation 3:14-19
14And unto the angel of the church of the
Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness,
the beginning of the creation of God;
15I know thy works, that thou art
neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16So then because thou
art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of
nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and
blind, and naked:
18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that
thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that
the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve,
that thou mayest see.
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous
therefore, and repent.

-wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—

I never leave on a trip without a good road map to guide my way; and in life the Word of God is the very map we all need to follow...

Even if it's too narrow for most.

3 Response to "Narrow is the way"

  • Greg P. Says:

    Myles:

    I found your blog through Rapturealert.com. I read your post about Roby and I can relate to your earlier problems in years past. I like the message your blog sends. I plan to come back and read more as time permits. Keep looking up. The time is near, I can sense it!


  • Myles Says:

    Thank you Greg,
    I like the way blogger interconnects with other blogs, it seems like a neat way to form a community of Christians on the Web.

    It's a narrow path we all have to travel to find Jesus... one soul at a time, each one is special and unique to the Lord!

    I too need to spend more time reading what you and everyone else has to say concerning the times we live in, and yes indeed the time is near, I can sense it as well.

    Always looking up brother!
    God bless,
    Myles


  • BethAnne Says:

    Hey Myles, I found you through Rapture Alert and Greg P. I have really enjoyed browsing your blog and I plan to come back and spend some time.....my favorite subject? The rapture!!!! WOOHOOO!!! Cant wait.